Ikey Pub Project Plans and Update:
Update from the Ikey Tigers Supporters Club
Following a successful application and proposal process with the UCT building and planning committee, the go ahead has now been given to begin the first stage of construction, which includes:
- Demolition of some of the interior walls to improve accessibility;
- Relocating the ice machine, which is restricting space in the club house;
- Improving the bar setup, adding in a sink and fridges;
- Install a raised deck, to offer a better view of the pitch on match days; and
- Redecorating and rewiring electronics to improve mood and lighting.
Stage 2 will involve refurnishing the pub and the refurbishment of 130 years of memorabillia that will be strategically displayed throughout the bar to tell the story of our special Club.
Send us Your Headshot for the New Ikey Pub:
You may have heard that the Club has set out to collect portraits of every single Ikey player ever – from 1st XV stars to U20D part-timers. The collection of photos will form the basis for the creation of an Ikeys Varsity Rugby ‘History Wall’ in our newly renovated pub (see the plans below).
In order for this project to be a true success, we don’t want a single Ikey to be left out. We therefore urge you to please send a headshot of yourself (as recent or ancient as you like) to email@example.com for us to add to the wall.